Breakfast is the most important part of the day. These savoury muffins will provide you with all the fuel your mind and tummy need to stay happy and active throughout the morning.
- 1 package real bacon bits
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1 1/2 tbs sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tsp dried chives
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Prepare muffin tins with a paper liner. This recipe makes approximately 12 muffins.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, chives, parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese and bacon bits.
- Combine the egg, milk, and vegetable oil. Mix into the dry ingredients and stir together just to moisten.
- Spoon the batter into prepared muffin pans and bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean. Remove from pan after five minutes and allow to cool on a wire rack.