Without being the wet blanket on the party season, most of us do know that drinking alcohol in large doses on a reasonably regular basis is not exactly the best thing we could be doing to our liver. So what can we do to get our livers back on side? I came across this list that I thought was rather practical that I would like to share with you:
- Eat seeds- the omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids help repair the damaged linings of our cells.
- Eat beetroot- may help protect against the damage from the build up of fatty acids associated with liver disease.
- Eat artichokes- stimulate the production of bile, which helps break down fats and improve fat digestion.
- Have acupuncture- could help reduce liver toxicity.
- Take part in exercise- helps with digestion, metabolism and weight management.
- Limit alcohol- aim for at least 2 alcohol free days a week.
- Limit additives- regular consumption can bombard the liver.
If you do choose to drink
- Don’t drink on an empty stomach.
- Stay hydrated during and following a period of alcohol consumption (that doesn’t include caffeinated beverages).
- Consume a B group vitamin following alcohol consumption to help with the alcohol break down and help with your energy levels following an evening of drinking.
Try a Good Morning Capsule
Avoid the morning after with Good morning® CAPSULES. The tablets contains the active ingredient Absorbatox® 2.4D. When taken orally, Absorbatox® binds toxins, certain receptor stimulants which are excreted in the GIT (e.g. histamine), nitrates and heavy metals to itself and exchanges its cations e.g. sodium, calcium, magnesium and potassium in its place.
read more on goodnesssuperfoods.com.au