“Salmon is a rich, oily and flaky fish. The best wine with salmon greatly depends on how the salmon is prepared or what dressing (sauce or seasoning) is used in the dish. If you are looking for a more delicate pairing with more subtle green herbal notes to the wine, a great choice includes a Sauvignon Blanc.” – Wine Folly
4 Salmon fillets
Fresh asparagus spears
4 cloves garlic, crushed
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Salt and pepper to taste
Zest from 2 lemons
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Place the salmon in the middle of the baking sheet and arrange the asparagus around the salmon.
- Drizzle the salmon and asparagus with the olive oil and spread the garlic over the salmon.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle the parmesan over the dish. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with chopped fresh parsley and lemon zest.
- Serve with Lanzerac Sauvignon Blanc.
The Lanzerac Sauvignon Blanc has prominent tropical and fresh herb aromas on the nose, complemented by mouth-filling pineapple and guava with a limey twist on the palate. All these wonderful flavours in the wine pair perfectly with the fresh herby taste of the parsley and lemon zest of the salmon which makes for a perfect light and summery lunch.
Recipe developed and image supplied by Elmarie Berry Good Food