These Muscadel cocktails, made with Rietvallei Muscadel, can be enjoyed poolside during summer or in front of the fireplace during the colder months.
Muscadel Strawberry Daiquiri
Prep Time 20 mins
Servings: 5 servings
- 1 cup fresh strawberries sliced
- 4 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 cup Muscadel
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 15 ml white rum
- 1 fresh lime thinly sliced (for garnish)
- Rinse, hull, and slice the strawberries until you have 1 cup. Squeeze the fresh lime juice and slice a fresh lime for the garnish.
- Pull out the frozen strawberries from the freezer and let them thaw just for a minute or two.
- Place the fresh strawberries, muskadel, lime juice, and rum in a blender and blend until very smooth, then gradually blend in the frozen strawberries until no chunks remain.
- Pour the daiquiri into hurricane glasses and garnish the rims with fresh lime and strawberry slices. Serve immediately.
- Use fresh and frozen strawberries for the best flavour and texture.
- Adjust the amount of muscadel, lime juice, and rum to taste. You might need to add more muscadel if the berries aren’t as sweet
- Squeeze your ow lime juice with a citrus press for the best flavour. Warm the limes in the microwave to help them yield the most juice.
- Make the drink ahead of time and freeze it. Take it out of the freezer about 30-45 minutes ahead of time and break it up with a fork until slushy, then serve.
Raspberry And Cranberry Mojito
Prep Time: 5 mins
Serving : 1 drink
- Make the drink ahead of time and freeze it. Take it out of the freezer about 30-45 minutes ahead of time and break it up with a fork until slushy, then serve
- 5-6 mint leaves
- 125ml Muscadel
- 1/4 cup of Cranberry juice
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice approx.
- 1/2 cup club soda or sparkling mineral water
- In a tall glass, add raspberries, mint leaves and the muscadel
- Muddle (squish with the back of a wooden spoon) well until the mint, muscadel and raspberries are well-combined. Try not to break apart the mint leaves, as this will make for a less pleasant drinking experience.
- Fill glass with ice.
- Add Cranberry juice, then the lime juice, and then fill with soda.
- Garnish with lime wedge or additional raspberries, if desired.
Berry And Muscadel Cocktail
Prep time: 5 min
- ½ cup fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and/or sliced strawberries)
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- 125ml Muscadel
- 15 ml Absolut vodka
- 15ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ice, crushed or cubes
- club soda
- additional berries for garnish, (optional)
- Muddle (squish with the back of a wooden spoon) the berries and basil in a tall glass.
- Pour in the lemon juice, vodka and Muscadel.
- Add as much ice as desired.
- Top off the glass with club soda.
- Stir and garnish with additional fresh berries, if desired. Enjoy!