Now here’s something that the sweet tooth will enjoy. This is quick to make and a true treat when serving breakfast in bed.
- 2 granny smith apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 slices bread
- 1/4 cup candied walnuts
1. Simmer the apples, butter, sugar, flour cinnamon and water until the apples are tender, about 10-15 minutes and set aside.
2. Mix the eggs, milk and vanilla in a wide dish.
3. Dip the bread into the egg mixture to coat on both sides.
4. Melt some butter in a pan and fry the slices of bread until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side.
5. Serve the french toast covered in the caramelized apples along with some candied walnuts.