The colour, texture and flavour of these Avocado and Lime Tequila Ice Lollies from Stresscake are likely to provoke some entertaining reactions from those who get to enjoy them.
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- zest of 4 limes – about 2 Tablespoons
- 5 ripe soft avocados
- 1/3 cup lime juice (about 4-5 limes)
- 2 ½ Tablespoons tequila
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan and boil until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Add the lime zest and let cool to room temperature. Strain into a bowl (to remove the zest) and for best results, chill for several hours.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the flesh. Add to a blender with the lime juice, tequila and salt and process until smooth. If you need a little more liquid to get things moving, add some of the lime simple syrup.
- Add the avocado mixture to the simple syrup and stir until well blended.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze until solid, at least 4 hours. To remove from the molds, run warm water along the outside and carefully ease out of the cavities.
- For longer storage, remove from the molds, wrap individually in plastic wrap, place in a large Ziploc bag and store in the freezer.
more on stresscake.wordpress.com