We don’t think Valentine’s Day should be exclusively romantic. Why don’t we use this date to celebrate all our significant relationships! Those friends who stuck with you boyfriend after boyfriend. Those buddies who made life fun when there was no love interest to speak of. Those wonderful souls who have gone through the same hardships as you and who have gathered around you when you needed them most.
Whether they are your besties, your neighbours or Facebook mommy group, all relationships are important. So this Valentine’s Day, let’s celebrate all that is rosy and romantic, but let’s not forget to raise a glass to all the other relationships that make life special.
Support groups are one of life’s essentials. So is chocolate. Get the best of both worlds – and then add wholesome avo to the mix. From the mommy’s club to your colleagues, treat them to a dreamy chocolate mousse with some charming raspberries and a glass (or two!) of Leopard’s Leap Merlot.
Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- Dash of vanilla extract
- 50 g dark chocolate
- Pinch of sea salt
- Raspberries to serve
- Flake to serve
- Cut open and deseed avocados, scoop flesh out with a spoon and place into a food processor.
- Add cocoa, maple syrup, coconut milk, vanilla and salt into the food processor.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or on the stovetop and add to the other ingredients.
- Blend all ingredients until completely smooth. Open and push down the sides with a spatula during the blend to ensure a silky consistency with no clumps.
- Spoon into jars or pretty little pudding bowls and keep in the fridge for 30 – 60 minutes before serving.
- Top with fresh raspberries and crumbled Flake.