Party season has officially begun! After spending a good portion of the year away from friends and loved ones, we’re all looking forward to hosting a small get together in our homes. But, you can’t be in the kitchen the whole time mixing drinks for your guests? Don’t’ worry, Angostura® aromatic bitters has you covered. Here are cocktails you can make ahead of time that are fit for a crowd.
Angostura® Lazy Rock Shandy
- 750ml soda water
- 750ml lemonade
- 12 – 16 dashes of Angostura® aromatic bitters
- Lime or Lemon wedge
- In your Lazy Rock Shandy Jug filled with ice, add one-part soda water and one-part lemonade.
- Top with dashes of Angostura® aromatic bitters and garnish with a few lime or lemon wedges.
Beehive Gin Punch
- 100ml honey
- 300ml gin
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 pink grapefruit, juiced (plus grapefruit slices to serve)
- 1/2 tsp Angostura® aromatic bitters
- 2 cups sparkling wine
- Fennel fronds (optional), to garnish
- Make a honey syrup by whisking the runny honey and boiling water in a heatproof bowl.
- Combine the honey syrup with the gin, lemon juice, grapefruit juice, Angostura® aromatic bitters and a handful of ice in a bowl with a lid. Close lid and shake.
- Place in a punch bowl and add sparkling wine, stirring briefly. Scatter with fennel fronds and grapefruit slices to garnish.
Strawberry, Grapefruit, and Chamomile Brunch Punch
- 3 cups water
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- 8 chamomile tea bags
- 4 cups fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 ½ cups fresh strawberries (hulled and sliced)
- 3 cups bourbon
- 3 dashes Angostura® aromatic bitters
- Ice cubes
- Combine the water and sugar in a small saucepan set over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat, add the tea bags, and stir. Cover and let steep for 15 minutes. Remove the tea bags and discard. Refrigerate until room temperature or chilled for at least one hour.
- In a blender, combine the grapefruit juice and half of the strawberries. Blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into a large punch bowl. Add the chamomile syrup, bourbon, and Angostura® aromatic bitters. Add the remaining strawberry slices and ice.
- To serve, put a few ice cubes into serving cups, garnish with fresh edible flowers, if available, and ladle the punch into glasses.