Enjoy this delicious Creamy Garlic Seafood Pasta Paired With Rietvallei JMB Chardonnay.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g prawns peeled and deveined
- 100 g mussel or clam meat or approximately 300g with shells.
- 150 g calamari tubes / squid heads
- 150 g bacon.
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ cup Rietvallei Sauvignon Blanc.
- 2-3 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup parsley finely chopped
- 500 g pasta cooked and 1 cup cooking water reserved
- In a large pan over medium high heat, add olive oil and allow to heat up.
- Season the seafood with salt and pepper then cook in batches until golden brown, also add your bacon in one of the batches. You are looking to flash fry the seafood 1-2 min. Rather undercook slightly as it will cook a little more while being tossed with the sauce and pasta, for now we only want to get some colour on the seafood.
- Remove seafood from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat medium, in the same pan, melt the butter and add the garlic. Pour in the lemon juice and wine.
- Bring to a simmer and allow to reduce by half.
- Pour in the cream and allow to come to a simmer. Allow to cook for 5 minutes or until the sauce coats the back of a spoon and sauce is nice and thick.
- Add the seafood and parsley and stir to combine.
- Toss the sauce with cooked pasta and a splash of the pasta cooking water and toss to coat the pasta. Serve sprinkled with parsley.