Sometimes the basics are the best. Bread. Cheese. Wine. And no one has mastered the art of making basics beautiful more than the French. And while we like to think it is all complicated culinary terms and technique, try our cheat’s version of garlic and thyme baked Camembert. Serve it with a fresh baguette and generous glasses of wine and you will be as French as you’d ever be. Bon Appétit!
- 1 wheel Camembert cheese
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 30 ml olive oil
- 30 ml Leopard’s Leap Classic Unwooded Chardonnay
- French baguette
- Preheat oven to 180 ºC.
- Place the cheese (and container) on a baking sheet.
- Using a sharp knife, score the top in a cross pattern. Push the slices of garlic into the cheese and sprinkle the thyme all over the top. Drizzle with olive oil and the wine.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden and fragrant.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately with a fresh, sliced baguette and a glass of Leopard’s Leap Classic Unwooded Chardonnay!