Can’t we all just make good food? Of cause we can! Just ask Gordon Ramsay! For those in a hurry with a craving for curry, give this step-by-step vegetarian curry courtesy of the potty-mouthed culinary chef a try.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 bananas, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 red chillies, chopped
- 1 small celeriac, peeled and chopped
- pinch of salt
- dash of black pepper
- 3 tbsp curry paste
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1 green pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- ½ head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 large courgette, roughly chopped
- 250ml Greek yogurt
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the shallot, garlic and chillies. Stir for a minute or so until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the celeriac and salt and pepper. Cook over a high heat for 2 minutes, then add the curry paste, cardamom pods, green pepper and cauliflower florets. Continue to stir over a high heat for a few more minutes.
- Tip in the tomatoes then fill the empty can with water and pour this in too. Bring to the boil, then add the broccoli and courgette. Simmer for 8-10 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Turn down the heat and stir in the yogurt. Taste, adjust the seasoning and feast on a curry, made in a hurry!
Craving some more?
We’ve got you covered! In this video, Gordon makes a butternut curry in under 10 minutes.