Like edibles, tea infused with cannabis is a great way to consume the magical herb as an alternative to vaping and smoking.
It can be made from all kinds of different ingredients, with methods including:
- Infusing water with dry cannabis flower
- Mixing cannabis infused with a fat, like cannabutter or cannabis-infused coconut oil, with tea leaves and water
- Adding a cannabis tincture to tea
Will you get high from cannabis tea? The answer will depend on the process that you use. Leafly shed some light on the topic, mentioning that accessing THC in the marijuana plant can be a little finicky thanks to decarboxylation and solubility factors.
But fear not! If you follow this recipe you should rep both the medical and intoxicating effects that cannabis has to offer.
Cannabis Tea with Rose and Chamomile
Prep time: 5 minutes
Steep time: 5-10 minutes
Dosage: Leafly recommend 2 tsp for this recipe, but it depends on the potency of your cannabis.
- 2 teaspoons ground cannabis trim, stems, or buds
- 2 teaspoons dried chamomile
- 2 teaspoons dried rosebuds
- Coconut milk, optional
- honey (optional)
- You can choose to decarboxylate your dried herb beforehand or not, depending on the benefits you’re looking for.
- Add all dried flowers to a tea infuser and steep in hot water for 5-10 minutes.
- Enjoy with honey and/or coconut milk for added flavour and effect.
If you are more into coffee, then this cold cannabis coffee recipe has been developed especially for you!