Homemade chocolate marshmallows that are perfectly soft, fluffy, and sweet. This is the only recipe you’ll ever need!
- 150ml water
- 10ml Rietvallei 1908 Muscadel
- 200g sugar
- 30ml gelatine powder, sponged in
- 30ml cold water
- 65ml glucose
- 65ml honey
- 125g 70% dark chocolate, chopped and melted
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
1. Line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper. Cut to fit the base and place in the bottom.
2. Place the water, muscadel, sugar, honey and glucose in a saucepan over low heat and stir until sugar is dissolved. Do not let the mixture boil.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in the gelatine, stir until the gelatine is dissolved, transfer to a bowl, using an electric mixer beat on high for 10-15 minutes or until the mixture is thick and holds it’s shape.
4. Pour into the lined baking tin and drizzle the melted chocolate on top.
5. Cover and allow to set in the refrigerator for an hour. Once set, un mould and use a hot knife to cut into squares. Dust with cocoa powder and enjoy! Can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.