In his cookbook From Crook to Cook, legendary rapper Snoop Dogg shares this his favoured recipe for mashed potatoes with heavy cream and mayo for a rich, buttery flavour. Whip up a batch and set that conscious free! Doggfather knows best.
- 1.8 kg (4 lb.) Russet or Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- cracked black pepper
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat to medium-high and add the potatoes. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes until tender, testing with a fork. Drain and set aside, covered with a damp towel.
- Return the pot to medium heat and add the butter to melt.
- Add the cream and mayonnaise. Whisk until combined.
- Return the potatoes to the pot. Using a potato masher, mash to combine the ingredients. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.