Fact: Beer + hair = Disney princess tresses!
If your hair is in desperate need of some TLC, then its time for you to turn to beer. According to HowStuffWorks, malt and hops, two key ingredients in beer, contain proteins that strengthen the hair follicle, making your hair shinier while repairing any damage that has been done at the hand of your heat products. Yet, at the same time, many worry that the alcohol in the beer causes drying, so it’s not recommended that you use this product often.
Making beer shampoo at home is surprisingly easy 6 step process that needs only any type of beer, a pan, stove, shampoo to use as a base.
1. Measure out 1 cup of Beer. Put the beer in a medium saucepan with the lid off and turn the heat on medium high.
2. Boil the beer for approximately 15 minutes or until it reduces to about a half a cup.
3. Measure out 1 cup of shampoo and pour it in a medium sized bowl.
4. Take the pan off the stove and let it cool completely. It should take about 5-10 minutes. Now may be a good time to enjoy a drink while you’re waiting.
5. Pour the beer into the bowl containing the shampoo and gently stir until blended.
6. Using a funnel transfer your beer shampoo from the bowl to a plastic container with a lid to store and use it as you would any other shampoo.