Right before Uma Thurman and John Travolta danced their way to cult status, they enjoyed a $5 shake or as Travolta puts it “a pretty f***ing good milkshake.”
After we helped you replicate the Big Kahuna burger, we’re now giving you some unbeatable advice on how you might want to make your own $5 milkshake at home.
To do this, we spoke with Dave Watts, head chef at The Cotswold House Hotel, who gave us his spin on the iconic drink. Read, make, drink. Dancing is optional.
Makes 2 thirst quenching moorish milkshakes (about 2 pints)
Preparation time: 3 minutes
- 1 x medium banana (peeled)
- 1 x bourbon vanilla pod or half a teaspoon of vanilla paste
- 300gm clotted cream ice cream
- 200gm natural yoghurt
- 250ml whole milk
- 2 x tablespoons of clear honey (lime flavoured works best for me)
- 5 x cubes of ice
- Pinch of salt
- 4 x Griottine cherries (macerated Morello cherry)
- squirty cream
- Halve the vanilla pod and scrape the seeds with a small knife (keep the vanilla pod itself place it in a jar and filled with sugar, this will make vanilla sugar to use in other recipes) put this into the blender with all of the other ingredients (you might need to blend the milkshake in two batches depending upon the size of your liquidiser).
more on shortlist.com