Hot summer days call for ice lollies to keep things cool. Easy to make and refreshing, these fresh watermelon ice lollies have just three ingredients.
- 2 lbs (950gms) ripe red seedless watermelon
- 3 large ripe kiwi fruit
- ½ tablespoon pectin (*secret ingredient)
- Cut watermelon into large chunks
- Add the skinned watermelon pieces ad pectin to a Nutribullet or food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Strain the watermelon, pressing down on the flesh with a spatula to push through the watermelon flesh and discard the seeds.
- Pour into popsicle molds, leaving about 1.25cm gap at the top. Add sticks. Freeze for about four hours, or until firm.
- Peel the kiwi fruit, cut into chunks and blitz until smooth.
- Strain the blitzed kiwi fruit to remove most of the black seeds.
- Fill the remaining gap in the molds on top of the watermelon with kiwi fruit.
- Freeze for about four hours, or until firm.
- Remove from freezer once firm and enjoy!