An Asian twist to a Spanish classic. Stir litchis and sake into your everyday house wine.
- 3 pears, sliced
- 6 Granny Smith apples, sliced
- 24 canned litchis, drained (or you can use fresh ones)
- 1 1/2 pineapples, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 750 ml Vodka
- 750 ml Sauvignon Blanc or other dry, citrusy white wine
- 750ml sake
- In an airtight container or large bowl covered with plastic wrap, combine all of the ingredients except the ice and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- Strain the mixture into a punch bowl, discarding all of the fruit except for 18 of the litchis. Add enough ice to chill the sangria to serving temperature.
- Serve in ice-filled white wine glasses and garnish with the reserved litchis.