If you are a fan of rum then you will definitely fancy the Mojito, known as a favourite among drink gamblers like Ernest Hemingway, it makes the perfect partner for summer.
This is the original Mojito recipe. Just what the doctor ordered…
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- Juice from 1 lime (2 ounces)
- 4 mint leaves
- 1 sprig of mint
- Havana Club white Rum (2 shots)
- 50ml club soda
- Place the mint leaves into a long glass and squeeze the juice from a cut lime over it.
- Add two ounces of lime juice
- Add the powdered sugar, then gently smash the mint into the lime juice and sugar with a muddler
- Add ice then add the rum and stir, and top off with the club soda
- Garnish with a mint sprig. Enjoy!