Turns out all you need to make the best hamburger patties ever is a cup of moonshine and some venison meat. These venison hamburger patties are soaked and marinated in moonshine and garlic. After tasting this Venison Burger with moonshine glaze, you’ll never look at hamburgers the same! The Moonshine gives these hamburger patties the most delicious flavor.
- 4 beef hamburger patties (about a 1 inch thickness, not the thinner patties)
- 1/4 cup whiskey
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked
- 8 slices of yellow American cheese
- 2 large yellow onions, peeled, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter or reserved bacon grease
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 hamburger buns
- Pour the whiskey into a shallow dish that will hold all the hamburger patties in one layer. Place the hamburgers in the whiskey and top with the chopped garlic. Marinate the burgers for 30 minutes on one side, then flip over for another 30 minutes on the other side.
- To make the onions, add the olive oil and the butter to a skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onions and salt and cook turning the onions often for 30 minutes until they are brown and caramelized. When the onions are done, set them aside in a bowl covered with foil.
- Grill the burgers over medium-high heat for 5 minutes per side for a medium/medium rare burger. Refer to the temperature chart in the post for correct temperatures.
- The last minute of cooking, add two slices of cheese to each burger and close the lid to melt the cheese.
- Remove the hamburgers to a platter.
- Top the hamburgers with some of the caramelized onions and a trip of bacon then serve.