When the weather’s warm and the sun is shining, a lighter Sunday lunch is in order. Get a healthy dose of omega-3 fatty acids from this divine salmon dish. While it might sound ideal to cook the fat out of a fish, remember that the omega 3 fatty acids found in high concentrations in salmon are extremely healthy, and contribute to salmon’s great texture and flavour.
Light and fresh, this amazingly easy and truly delicious salmon dish flavoured with asparagus goes on a one-pan baking sheet, reducing cleanup time!
- 400g new potatoes, halved if large
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 asparagus spears, trimmed and halved
- 2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 salmon fillets, about 140g/5oz each
- handful basil leaves
- Heat the oven to 220C.
- Tip the potatoes and 1 tablespoon of the oil into an ovenproof dish, and roast for 20 minutes until starting to brown.
- Add in the asparagus and return to the oven for 15 minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes and balsamic vinegar and nestle the salmon amongst the vegetables.
- Drizzle with remaining oil and return to the oven for the final 10-15 minutes until the salmon is cooked.
- Scatter over the basil leaves and serve.