Prepare yourself for a posh blade steak feast. The tenderizing marinade is key if you want to grill this steak outdoors, pan-sear or broil indoors. An exotic Asian take on an ordinary blade steak. Enjoy this with an ice-cold feline-inspired craft beer.
- 4 x 150g oyster blade steaks
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 bunches of Asian greens, steamed, sautéed, or grilled
- Steamed rice
- Toasted sesame seeds, optional
- Combine soy sauce, honey, ginger, garlic, and oil in a large ceramic dish or zip-top bag. Add steaks and turn to coat with marinade. Allow meat to marinate for 20 minutes, as it comes to room temperature.
- Preheat BBQ or a heavy-based skillet to medium-high. Drain excess marinade from steaks and cook for 2 – 4 minutes per side, or until cooked to your liking.
- Transfer cooked steaks to a clean plate, cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve steaks and resting juices with steamed rice, greens, and sesame seeds