An ideal recipe for the summer months and one more way to use Pimm’s apart from drinking it. This fruity strawberry tart is infused with Pimm’s. What’s more? This lux tart is topped off with a fancy Pimms foam! Impress your guests and serve this tasty tart at your next backyard gathering.
- 250 g plain flour
- 125 g salted butter, cold
- 90 g caster sugar
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 egg, beaten
- 250 g cream cheese
- 150 ml double cream
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 300 g fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cucumber
- 1 orange
- 1 green apple
- 1 handful of fresh mint sprigs
- 50 ml Pimms
- 2 g xanthan gum
- 2 g hy-foamer
MAKE THE PASTRY
- Rub the flour and cold diced butter together until it resembles breadcrumbs, this can be done in a food processor. Stir in the sugar, zest of the lemon and beaten egg.
- Combine until you get a soft dough.
- Roll the dough together, wrap it in Clingfilm and leave it in the fridge to rest for 30 minutes.
LINE A TART CASE
- Roll the dough, once rested, to 0.5cm thick on a floured surface, large enough to cover your tart tin.
- Roll the dough over the tin and press it tightly into the sides of the tin. Trim off most of the excess.
- Cover the tart case with a sheet of tin foil and weigh it down with baking beans or uncooked rice then return to the fridge to rest for another 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Blind bake for 10 minutes, remove the beans and paper, then cook for another 5 minutes and allow to cool.
PREPARE THE FRUIT
- Slice the apple, leaving the skin on and add to the bowl with the orange segments, cut strawberries and chunks of cucumber.
VANILLA CREAM FILLING
- Whisk the double cream and sugar together in a bowl with a hand mixer until you get soft peaks form. Whip the cream cheese and scraped seeds from the vanilla pod into the cream.
- Trim the edges of the pastry case so that it’s neat using a serrated knife.
- Pour the vanilla filling into the cooled pastry case and spread it out to the edges.
- Scatter the fruit over the tart and arrange however you fancy.
- Combine 150ml of lemonade with the Pimms, xanthan gum and hy-foamer then whisk up until you get 8-10 times the volume.
- Serve the strawberry tart in slices with Pimms foam on the side and a glass of homemade lemonade over ice.