Rooibos can be a great ingredient for a morning energy boosting smoothie, regardless of the fact that it contains no caffeine. Brighten up your day with this Rooibos smoothie with Banana.
- 2 teaspoons of pure rooibos tea
- 50 of water
- ½ cup of milk (or plain drinking yogurt)
- 1 banana (peeled and chopped)
- ½ mango (peeled and chopped)
- Honey if needed
- Steep rooibos tea in 50 ml of freshly boiled spring water for 10 minutes and strain. You can make the tea even the night before and keep it in the fridge ready for the morning breakfast.
- Add all ingredients into a blender, starting with rooibos tea, mango, banana, sweetener and yogurt. Blend for 10-20 seconds and serve.