Lasagne are rectangular sheets of pasta, layered with a choice of saucy meat recipes for the popular dish Lasagna. Lasagne is the plural referring to a number of sheets, while Lasagna refers to a singular sheet or the dish itself.
Make your own silky pasta sheets and layer them with slow cooked and pulled pork in a moreish sauce, decadent Béchamel and generous handfuls of Mozzarella!
Pour a glass of Leopard’s Leap Classic Cabernet Sauvignon and enjoy the ultimate comfort meal!
Slow cooked Lasagna
Prepare the saucy meat:
- 1.8 kg Pork shoulder, deboned and cut into medium cubes
- 3 Tblsp Brown sugar
- 1 Tblsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Cumin, ground
- 2 Tblsp Olive oil blend
- 375 ml Leopard’s Leap Classic Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 Tblsp Sea salt
- 1 Tblsp Black pepper, freshly cracked
- 1.5 cups Tomato sauce
- 5 Tblsp White wine vinegar
- 0.5 cups Smooth Dijon mustard
- 4 Tblsp Brown sugar
- 2 Tblsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 160 °C.
- Combine spices and mix well with cubed pork shoulder.
- Sear pork in batches in heated olive oil in a large cast iron pot. Remove pork from pot.
- Deglaze pot with red wine, cook for 2 minutes, add pork back to pot.
- Cover with the lid and cook in preheated oven for 3 hours until pork is tender.
- Remove lid and cook for a further 45 minutes before removing pork from pot.
- Add sauce ingredients to the pot and cook for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Shred pork using two forks and mix with the sauce in the pot.
- Melt 75 g Butter, add 75 g Cake flour and stir. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in 1 litre of warm full-cream milk.
- Season with salt and black pepper and whisk until smooth and thick.
more on leopardsleap.co.za