Perfect for sharing and adding that extra bit of yumminess, this recipe include the strong taste of Hinds Spices. Served as a snack or side dish, these salt and vinegar onion rings is a win as a quick meal.
- 2 L oil, to deep fry
- 3 medium onions, peeled, cut & separated into 1 cm rings
- 1 x 200g box Hinds Southern Coating Batter Mix
- 4 tsp Hinds Salt and Vinegar Spice
- Mayonnaise or tomato sauce, to serve
- Preheat the oil in a large pot to deep-fry the onions.
- To make the batter, follow the instructions on the Hinds Southern Coating Batter Mix packaging for Battered Onion Rings.
- Place the onion rings directly into the hot oil. Deep-fry the onion rings in batches on high heat for 2 – 3 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the cooked onion rings from the oil, place on a paper towel and sprinkle with Hinds Salt and Vinegar Spice. Serve hot with mayonnaise or tomato sauce.
- Also give Hinds Chip Seasoning a try. It’s super tasty!