Whatever Harry Styles claims, we all know this is what “watermelon sugar high” really means!
These tequila-soaked wedges are super simple to make and even easier to consume. Borrowing flavours from the margarita cocktail, the watermelon slices are infused with Triple Sec and tequila. If you’re out of Triple Sec, try simple syrup. It might not bring the same flavours, but it’s far cheaper and works just as well.
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup Triple Sec (or simple sugar)
- 1/4 cup sugar (optional)
- 1 cup tequila
- 1 lime
- sea salt
- Cut the watermelon into large cubes.
- Place the cubes of watermelon into a container (for soaking)
- Mix the tequila, water, Triple Sec.
- Pour the mixture over the watermelon wedges
- Refrigerate for at least 45 minutes.
- Remove watermelon from syrup. Arrange on a platter.
- Squeeze limes over and season with salt.