Despite the rain in Europe, summer is quickly approaching – and that means just one thing. It’s time to prepare ourselves for a boozy couple of months out in the beer garden.
And of course, many of us are lucky enough to have gardens – and so other evenings will see us enjoying barbeques and drinking gin and tonics in the comfort of our own homes.
However, summer time doesn’t just call for alcohol – it’s the time of year where everyone steps out to enjoy an ice cream as they sweat under the sun.
But if you’re someone who likes to combine the two – we have the perfect option for you. Gin and tonic ice cream.
And we’ve found the perfect recipe to ensure you don’t have to step out of your house in search of a carton.
Courtesy of food blogger Hungry and Frozen, who created the easy 5-step recipe
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of juice from a lemon (or shop-bought lemon juice, whichever is readily available)
- 3 tablespoons of gin (your preferred choice of gin)
- 125ml of tonic water
- 600ml of cream
- Tip your sugar into a bowl and add lemon juice, gin and tonic water.
- Stir the ingredients until they ‘dissolve a little’.
- Pour in the cream.
- Whisk the cream until it maintains the texture of a ‘thick shake’ – be careful not to whip it!
- Transfer the ingredients to a freezer-proof container, (or use an actual ice cream container if you have one) and allow to freeze.
more on metro.co.uk