Using only three ingredients, the Royal Jack Cocktail is easy to build and remains true to its Applejack brandy base.
Royal Jack Cocktail
- 2 ounces applejack
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grenadine, recipe follows
- 3 ounces brut Champagne
- Sliced or diced apple or red apple peel
- Fill a cocktail shaker or small pitcher with ice. Add the apple jack, lemon juice, and grenadine. Cover and shake vigorously until thoroughly mixed and chilled, about 30 seconds.
- Strain into 2 Champagne flutes. Top each drink off with 1 1/2 ounces of Champagne.
- Garnish with the apple. Drink.
Yield: approximately 1 1/3 cups
- 2 cups unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 3/4 cup granulated or turbinado sugar
- Put pomegranate juice in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and continue to cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in the sugar to dissolve thoroughly, and simmer to thicken slightly. Cool.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.