Impress your dinner guests with this deliciously fluffy White Chocolate Souffle. Step up your game and pair it with a sweet Muscadel wine from Rietvallei Wine Estate in Robertson, South Africa.
- 110 grams of flour
- 170 mL milk
- 4 eggs, separated
- 160 grams of sugar, plus more for dusting souffle molds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 120 grams of white chocolate, chopped
- Butter, as needed
- Sugar, as needed
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add and combine the flour, milk, egg yolks, sugar, and salt. Cook the mixture until it pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- Melt the white chocolate in a saucepan or double boiler. Add the melted chocolate to the flour mixture and stir well. Set the mixture aside to cool and rest.
- Brush the inside of 4 souffle molds with butter (melt beforehand). Sprinkle some sugar inside the molds and tap out the excess to leave a light sugar coating all around the inside.
- Whip the egg whites to soft peaks. Gently fold the egg white into the chocolate mixture, and transfer the souffle mixture into the prepared molds—Bake for 18 minutes. Serve immediately