Just add vodka and wait 4 weeks. Ok not quite, but making your own coffee liqueur at home is rather straight forward. You can even bottle your creation and call it Espresso Martini On The Go.
- 3 cups of sugar
- 3 cups of water
- 3 1/2 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 quart vodka
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Combine sugar, water, and coffee granules in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Stir in vodka and vanilla; pour into bottles, and cover with plastic wrap.
- Punch holes in plastic wrap, and store in a cool, dark place 4 weeks.