Up your french fries game by broiling them with a tequila-spiked cheese topping. Wonderfully decadent, sinfully delicious and simply irresistible. For those who prefer a greener diet, then these cheesy cannabis fries will make you high!
- 3/4 pound aged white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup blanco tequila
- 2 Fresno chiles
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped jarred pimientos
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Smoked sea salt
- Two 15-ounce packages of frozen french fries
- In a bowl, combine the cheese and tequila; refrigerate until the tequila is absorbed, about 30 minutes.
- Roast the chiles directly over a gas flame or under a preheated broiler, turning, until charred all over. Peel, seed and stem the chiles, then cut into 1/4-inch dice.
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter. Add the onion and cook over moderately low heat until softened, about 7 minutes. Scrape the onion into the infused cheese. Add the mayonnaise, pimientos, paprika, cayenne and chiles. Season the pimento cheese with smoked sea salt.
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Spread the french fries on a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until browned and crisp. Remove the fries from the oven and preheat the broiler. Spoon the pimento cheese over the fries and broil 4 to 6 inches from the heat for 3 to 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted and browned in spots. Serve right away.