Festive season is a time for family gatherings and cheer. Surprise your holiday guests with rich and sweet flavours with these delicious bourbon infused recipes to inspire the senses.
From a glazed ham with Cumberland sauce, a Woodford Reserve turkey brine and a chocolate bread pudding with bourbon butter you can add more than 200 delectable flavours to your festive feast with Woodford Reserve.
Woodford Reserve Turkey Brine
This Bourbon Turkey Brine is the perfect combination of Bourbon Smoked flavours. Brining a turkey overnight in a solution of salt and water ensures a moist and flavourful turkey. When you add smoked spices to the brine, the resulting roast is also infused with a subtle character all of its own.
Woodford Reserve Bourbon Orange Glaze:
- 1 ham (half pit ham, cut in half and then cut into 1/4 inch slices)
- 1 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/4 cup Woodford Reserve Bourbon
- 1/4 cup sorghum
- Splash of soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- Place all ingredients for glaze in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and reduce to a syrup.
- Arrange ham slices in a large shallow baking dish and pour the glaze over the top. Cover with foil. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour at 180C degrees.
Blackberry Cumberland Sauce:
(Makes about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 170 grams blackberry jam
- 1/2 of a (340g) jar red currant jelly
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup Woodford Reserve Bourbon
Bourbon Chocolate Balls
Have a boozy ball with this traditional Kentucky confection, the perfect combination of chocolate & bourbon – perfect for a festive feast.
To make the bourbon chocolate balls.
- 1/2 cup or 240 mL melted butter
- 450mg Confectioners (powdered) Sugar
- 1/2 cup or 240mL Woodford Reserve Bourbon
- 1 bag (30g) semi-sweet or dark chocolate
- 1 bag pecan halves (optional)
- Mix together in a large bowl the melted butter, confectioners’ sugar, and Woodford Reserve Bourbon. Form into balls and refrigerate overnight.
- Line a tray with waxed paper. Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler over just-barely simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching. Using a fork, dip the balls into the melted chocolate to coat all over. Then arrange the balls on the prepared tray, place a pecan half on the top of the coat ball & store in the refrigerator until serving.
There are more than 200 detectable flavours in Woodford Reserve – 212 to be exact. Woodford Reserve is more than a bourbon. It’s a sensorial experience. Not only how it tastes, but how it smells, makes you feel or just looks in a glass. Enjoy these dishes with a Woodford Reserve sipped neat or on the rocks.