As the name would suggest, this dish goes hard on the sesame flavor. Just like Chinese Chicken Burgers, it isn’t an authentic Chinese dish but has been popularized by Asian American restaurants. Sesame chicken isn’t usually marinaded, although some recipes do call for a brief soak in sesame oil and soy sauce.
Enjoy this deliciously morish Honey Ginger Sesame Chicken with a bottle of Classic Rietvallei Chardonnay.
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 3 to 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- Mix together the soy sauce, honey, oyster sauce and ginger.
- Marinate the cubed chicken in the sauce. Fry with olive oil in a sauté pan or wok on high heat (2 – 3 min).
- Serve with steamed vegetables or rice, sprinkle sesame seeds over the chicken as a finishing touch.