This easy Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta features fresh tomatoes and spinach with your favorite pasta shape for a fast and easy vegan dinner recipe. It’s an easy one pot dinner idea that’s healthy, quick to make and full of flavor. This will quickly become a go-to for you and your family!
Enjoy this flavoursome dish with a bottle of Rietvallei Sauvignon Blanc.
- 340 grams pasta
- 200 to 250 gram jar of sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 whole garlic cloves
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- ½ tsp smoked paprika (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large pot of boiling salted water cook the pasta until Al dente (roughly 8 to 10 min). Drain but reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- In a blender add the sun-dried tomatoes with the oil in the jar, garlic, smoked paprika, salt and pepper and basil. Blend well together then transfer the tomato mixture to a large bowl and stir in the Parmesan.
- Add the pasta to the bowl containing the pesto mixture and toss to coat, add enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Season with salt and pepper to taste.