Before lockdown, we were used to being able to head out to all sorts of restaurants on the high street. One old favourite is Pizza Express. But if you are missing the staple chain, the good news is that like some others, they are releasing some recipes online so you can make some of their famous dishes at home.
To top the doughy delights, they’ve also revealed how to make their garlic butter.
- 150ml warm water – roughly 27 degrees
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 15g fresh yeast (or two level teaspoons of dry yeast)
- 225g of plain flour (plus extra for working)
- One and a half teaspoons of salt
- Extra virgin olive oil
For the garlic butter
- 10ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons of butter
- Half a teaspoon of chopped garlic
- Preheat the oven to 230°C /210°C fan assisted.
- Add the sugar and crumble the fresh yeast into the warm water. Allow the mixture to stand for 10 – 15 minutes in a warm place until froth develops on the surface.
- Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the middle and pour the yeast mixture in. Lightly flour your hands and slowly mix the ingredients together until they bind.
- Generously dust your surface with flour, throw down the dough and begin kneading for 10 minutes until smooth, silky and soft.
- Leave dough to rest until soft to the touch but not too springy.
- Roll dough into a 1.2m long tube. Chop into 16 chunks and place in an oven proof pan.
- Leave the Dough Balls to rest in the pan for 30 mins.
- Make sure the oven has reached temperature and bake for six minutes until golden.
- For the garlic butter, blend olive oil and chopped garlic into a paste. Pour over butter and blend with a spoon.
more on metro.co.uk